Thursday, December 27, 2012

It's a Burlap Christmas, Y'all


Christmas is over. So sad. (As my niece said when we told her Christmas was over, "But I LOVE Chrismas.")

Really, I start decorating right after Thanksgiving. That is how my great-grandma did it, my grandma did it, my mom did it. So I do it. Sometimes I even bust out the decor on Thanksgiving.

Rebel.

Anyway. This was our first Christmas in our new house. We were excited. And poor.

So when it came time to decorate it, I thought, "What do I have lots of that is pretty and shabby chic?"

One guess. BURLAP!

So the Moores had a Burlap Christmas. Hopefully some design elements in my house will inspire design elements in yours.

So, lets take a tour, shall we?


I looked on Pinterest for some burlap-inspired tree skirt and came across the ruffled version. I fell in love and took on the task of trying to recreate it. Lets just say that my love for the ruffled burlap tree skirt slowly moved to hate. Boiling hate.
 
It was a slow, painful process of cutting the ruffles. Hemming the ruffles. Making the ruffles. Sewing the ruffle on the base. Then repeat. Awful. But it got done. And I was excited!


And my dog, Charleigh, was excited about it too!
 
Here is a little pic stitch for you. I topped the tree with a huge white burlap bow. It looked amazing on my silver and white tree. Later in the month, I saw on Pinterest where someone topped their tree with their last name initial. I live in the South, so I HAD to do that. I used a cursive M. Beautiful!


I also had a variety of burlap stockings in our house. These stockings I purchased from BeiFioriEmbellish.  I used them to accent the garland on the stairs.

How cute!

At the bottom of the stairs, I used a large natural burlap bow and our last name initial to seal the look:



Okay. Okay. So not EVERYTHING in my house was burlap. I have a red tree that I do every year. So, instead of red burlap I thought, "Why not do chevron?"

I too have caught the chevron craze, so I used my new sewing talents to create my very own chevron tree skirt. Which I LOVE!


 
And I made this little reminder pic in Paint! Sometimes, I just needed to read this and take a deep breath!




Well, there you go. A Moore Burlap Christmas!

I hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas and Holiday Season!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment